KINGSTON ROOTS BLOGSPOT *** OLD SCHOOL JAMAICAN ROOTS DUB DANCEHALL MUSIC *** DOWNLOAD ALBUMS AND 45s _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

14 October 2019

Jah Woosh - Religious Dread


Backed by The Revolutionaries and Soul Syndicate

Long time ago in the late 80's I was with a friend in the Damstraat in Amsterdam, Holland in a little reggae shop where they had two crates of reggae LP's and a lot of Rasta paraphernalia. At the time being a youth I got to know the Jamaican music via Bob Marley, Black Uhuru, Burning Spear and Augustus Pablo, but Jah Woosh I had never heard of before. The little store had a lot of albums of Jah Woosh in the crates, but not knowing what the LP's sounded like, I didn't buy anything. The store owner said that the Marijuana World Tour album looked very tempting, but that it wasn't the best of his albums that they were selling. 

Later that day when we returned home my friend had bought Lee Perry's "Return Of the Super Ape" and my one and only buy of the day was I Jahman's "Tell It To The Children". In hindsight I like a lot of Jah Wooshes albums, they are all very roots to me.


1 comment: